We know a woman whose bed & breakfast incorporated a themed décor. In each guest room, she created various themes and decorated the rooms accordingly. She was particularly fond of a strawberry theme as the bed & breakfast was located in the winter strawberry capital of the world. While her overly zealous theme-driven approach may seem daunting, it is one décor method. So, if you are wondering about decorating your bed & breakfast, perhaps the suggestions that follow will get you well on your way.
One thing we definitely recommend is ensuring that you don’t leave the walls blank. So, if you need some wall decoration ideas you can find them at the site we just linked to. They remind you that if your walls could be talking they might tell you that they are boring. The last thing you want guests to remember about your establishment is that it felt “boring.” So, consider these other suggestions as well.
Creative and Fun Décor Ideas for Your Bed & Breakfast
Making a great impression on your guests is essential for keeping them coming back year after year. You want them to tell their friends about the incomparable experience they had staying with you. That means making sure that you utilize these creative and fun décor ideas for your bed & breakfast:
- Choose a color theme. You might want to choose something that goes with your geographical location. In our initial example, the woman we knew chose strawberries for that purpose. If you are near water, you might want to think about ocean blues or sunny yellows. However, a bed & breakfast in a mountainous region might be better suited for cranberry reds and forest greens.
- Consider the furniture. This should match the style of your architecture. It will help guests get a feel for the space and leave a lasting impression. Cottage style buildings might benefit from handmade quilts whereas Victorian structures should employ furniture from that era. You can learn more about that here.
- Stay consistent. This is where our strawberry house friend made some mistakes. Her rooms did not have a consistent thematic concept. There was a NASCAR room, a Coca-Cola room, and one that incorporated vintage dolls. If you are going to choose a theme, the only true alteration should be in the color schemes of each room.
- Don’t neglect the windows. This is especially true if your bed & breakfast provides guests with an exceptional view. Be sure to add comfy chairs with ottomans so that guests can sit near the windows and enjoy the view, or read a book at their comfort and leisure.
- Decorate the main area based on its size. Larger spaces will do well with small groupings of comfortable chairs. While a smaller space might benefit from a couch in front of the fire place. Just make sure you add a couple of chairs on either end for those guests that don’t want to sit next to people they don’t know. Check out these living room designs for some ideas.
- Remember the walls. We suggest using pieces that are created by local artists to help people appreciate the place they are visiting. Add large vases full of rocks or shells that guests have collected over the course of their visit. This creates a sense of buy-in that will help bring guests back since they have contributed to your décor.
If you still need some help with decorating your bed & breakfast, click this.